Saturday Kitchen's star chef has announced he is closing down another of his pubs, as rising costs have made it 'no longer financially viable'.
Restauranteur and Michelin star chef Glynn Purnell said that he was shutting The Mount in Henley, Warwickshire, saying that the current state of the UK's hospitality sector was 'ridiculous'.
In a statement, Mr Purnell said: 'The owners have taken the difficult decision to close the business.
'Rising running costs, increasing food prices and energy bills have made the pub no longer financially viable.
'Customers who hold vouchers are asked to contact the pub directly to arrange a booking and redeem them before the final service on March 15.
'The owners have confirmed that staff are being supported through the closure and that all suppliers will be paid.'
Top chef Purnell first opened The Mount, situated in a picturesque town within Stratford-upon-Avon, on March 30, 2022.
But it is not the first pub he has been forced to close amid a challenging economic climate for the hospitality industry - not helped by the Labour government's raids on business rates and employers' National Insurance.
Saturday Kitchen star chef Glynn Purnell (pictured) announced he is closing another of his pubs, citing rising costs
The Mount in Henley, Warwickshire, was first opened on March 30, 2022, and served the community for four years
In October 2024, the Michelin-starred chef was forced to close Purnell's in Birmingham, citing a fall in bookings as a factor.
The Saturday Kitchen star told the BBC that the hospitality landscape had become 'increasingly challenging' and that despite his efforts, it wasn't possible to continue.
He added: 'I'm hugely grateful for the opportunity and for the commitment shown throughout. I wish the owners every success for the future.
'I'll now be focusing my time on my other ventures, Trillium and Plates by Purnell's in Birmingham, and The Wood Norton in Evesham - and I look forward to welcoming guests there.'
The Labour government's U-turn on the botched business rates announced by Rachel Reeves last month was called 'too little, too late' by many - and this latest pub closure appears to be evidence that this is the case.
Rachel Reeves faced a growing backlash after temporary help on business rates was restricted to pubs, leaving thousands of small shops, restaurants and hotels facing crippling tax rises in April.
The organiser of a campaign to ban Labour MPs from more than 1,500 pubs in January also said it would stay in place until the whole hospitality sector was offered help.
Ms Reeves bowed to pressure to ease the business rates raid on pubs following a mutiny by Labour MPs. She said in January that 'pubs are different' as she unveiled a £300million package of temporary support.
The Michelin-starred chef told the BBC the hospitality landscape had become 'increasingly challenging' and that despite his efforts, it wasn't possible to continue
But no immediate help was offered to thousands of other firms in the retail, hospitality and leisure sectors who also face huge rates rises.
January's U-turn on pubs was the 12th of Labour's 18 months in power, many of which can be traced back to misjudgments by Ms Reeves. Hairdressers, florists and even pharmacies warned they could be driven to the 'brink of collapse'.
Shadow Chancellor Sir Mel Stride said Ms Reeves' 'temporary sticking plaster' will 'only delay the pain for a few, while thousands of businesses despair as their bills skyrocket'.
Sir Mel said high streets across the country were facing a 'tragedy', with industry analysis suggesting six hospitality venues a day could close this year unless further help is provided.

