All Section

Sun, Aug 23, 2026

WND News Center

‘Respect our values’: 2 lady prime ministers team up to protect ‘Christian heritage’ from immigration

‘Respect our values’: 2 lady prime ministers team up to protect ‘Christian heritage’ from immigration

Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen

The only two female prime ministers in Europe, who typically would be at odds politically, have teamed up to call for stricter immigration policies within the EU as a means to protect “Europe’s Christian cultural heritage.”

The unusual alliance brings together right-of-center Italian Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni and leftist Danish Prime Minister Mette Frederiksen.

Meloni posted a joint statement in Italian on Facebook Monday:

“We are aware that many might be wondering about our cooperation. We come from very different political backgrounds, and we certainly do not agree on everything.

“We do not accept uncontrolled immigration to Europe, and we have promoted a strict immigration policy, both in our Nations and in Europe,” the statement continued.

The two mentioned typical consequences of mass immigration to the

Treasury secretary pushes bankers to pursue 1 border security plan

Treasury secretary pushes bankers to pursue 1 border security plan

(Photo by Celyn Kang on Unsplash)

Treasury Secretary Scott Bessent this week urged banking industry officials to pursue one basic border security plan that President Donald Trump wants: Debanking for illegal aliens.

“This administration will not tolerate blatant abuse of our financial system, nor will it permit risks posed by the extension of financial services to illegal aliens,” Bessent told an assembly of Arizona bank representatives this week.

“We do not ask bankers to assume the burdens of border enforcement," Bessent said. "But we depend on banks to do what you do best: know your customers, identify risks as they arise, and report suspicious patterns before they metastasize into criminal schemes."

A report at the Washington Examiner documented the background: That Trump had signed an executive order weeks ago requiring banks to report payroll tax evasion, suspected shell companies and

Feds confirm law enforcement sweep in 1 city nets 1,200 illegal immigrants

Feds confirm law enforcement sweep in 1 city nets 1,200 illegal immigrants

Law enforcement officers conducting a sweep for illegal immigrants in one American city have arrested 1,200 individuals, including some 720 who already had been convicted of, or charged with, criminal actions.

Marco Charles, one chief at the Immigration and Customs Enforcement’s Enforcement and Removal Operations, said the sweep took violent criminals such as sex offenders and child abusers off the streets.

According to a report from Fox, Charles told “Fox & Friends,” “We arrested over 1,200 aliens, illegal aliens, out in the Atlanta, Georgia area. More than half of those people had criminal histories.”

He explained, “We’re talking about sex crimes, assault and battery, some with DUI convictions, domestic violence. These individuals needed to be taken off the street, not only because they’re criminals, but because they are here illegally in the United States.”

It was called “Operation Safe Community

History-making pageant winner dethroned for ‘language’ fights back

History-making pageant winner dethroned for ‘language’ fights back

Brittany Boltinhouse (YouTube screenshot)

A history-making pageant winner from North Carolina who was dethroned by officials has responded to claims she was at fault for her “language.”

Brittany Boltinhouse, 27, who was named Miss North Carolina USA, was the first married woman to take the title. She’s also the first person of Honduran descent to win the title.

Pageant officials, citing what they allege were comments from an old social media post from possibly as long as a decade ago, took her title away, claiming they don’t allow “racism, homophobia, transphobia, nor language that strips any person of their dignity.”

That charge comes from pageant chief Thom Brodeur, who did not specify individual posts.

But Boltinhouse suggested there were other factors, explaining in an interview posted to YouTube that she has the “right to be a conservative

In court: Don Lemon insists charges for mob invasion of church must be dismissed because of Trump

In court: Don Lemon insists charges for mob invasion of church must be dismissed because of Trump

Don Lemon (Video screenshot)
Don Lemon during mob’s invasion of church

Media personality Don Lemon, fired by CNN, is insisting that charges against him stemming from that mob invasion of a church in Minnesota must be dismissed because of President Donald Trump.

After all, Trump doesn’t like Lemon and repeatedly has made critical comments about him.

That means, according to a court filing, the charges are a “vindictive prosecution” and must go away.

The arguments, of course, overlook what noted commentator Robert Knight said was an invasion where those protesting border security law enforcement in the region made the decision to “scream at parishioners, terrify children and harass people.”

He wrote, “If you’re a leftwing activist living in St. Paul, Minnesota, you now have official state sanction to invade a church, scream at parishioners, terrify children and

‘FRANTIC!’ WNBA commissioner ‘panics’ after former NBA stars Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White seek to play among women

‘FRANTIC!’ WNBA commissioner ‘panics’ after former NBA stars Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White seek to play among women

Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White
Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White

In response to former NBA players Enes Kanter Freedom and Royce White identifying as women and declaring themselves eligible for the WNBA draft, Cathy Engelbert, commissioner of the women’s basketball league, is said to be in panic, launching “listening sessions” over what she calls a “complex and nuanced topic.”

“I know many of you have received questions in recent weeks regarding transgender athlete participation in women’s basketball, and I expect this topic will continue to receive significant attention," Engelbert wrote in a Friday memo obtained by the Associated Press.

“I wanted to reach out to share how we are approaching these conversations at the league office and to thank those of you who have responded to questions from the media with thoughtfulness and professionalism."

Engelbert indicted the WNBA will “always approach this topic thoughtfully, respectfully, and in alignment with the longstanding values of our league. Second, our player eligibility rules, unlike the eligibility rules of some other leagues and governing bodies, are collectively bargained. Lastly,

‘We need help!’ Republican Ken Paxton sounds alarm as he trails Democrat James Talarico in Texas U.S. Senate race

‘We need help!’ Republican Ken Paxton sounds alarm as he trails Democrat James Talarico in Texas U.S. Senate race

Republican Ken Paxton (Video screenshot)
Republican Ken Paxton

Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton, the Republican running for U.S. Senate against Democrat James Talarico, made a serious plea for financial help from all of America on Sunday, as a new poll released Friday shows Talarico leading Paxton by 4 points in the Lone Star State which has been historically strong for the GOP.

Appearing on “Sunday Morning Futures” with Maria Bartiromo on the Fox News Channel, Paxton indicated Talarico has “got a lot of money coming in from California and other liberal states. He had $30 million. When I finished my [primary] race, I had zero. So we’re trying to get help from all over the country. So go to KenPaxton.com because we need help!”

“We need help now because James Talarico’s been spending $3 million or $4 million a week on TV for the last month. So I want to compete. I want to be able to tell people exactly what he believes.”

“We just need the resources to highlight exactly what this guy believes. He

University where Charlie Kirk was assassinated allegedly cancels on memorial planned for anniversary of his murder

University where Charlie Kirk was assassinated allegedly cancels on memorial planned for anniversary of his murder

S""

Charlie Kirk (Facebook)
Charlie Kirk

The public university which became the location of the Sept. 10, 2025, assassination of Charlie Kirk has reportedly withdrawn from a joint memorial event with the organization the late conservative political activist founded, Turning Point USA.

Utah Valley University (UVU) allegedly backed out of a Sept. 10, 2026, service planned to honor Kirk on the first anniversary of his assassination on its campus, The Cougar Chronicle reported, citing an anonymous source. The source claims Turning Point USA is seeking a new memorial location on short notice and is frustrated with the public university's reported sudden withdrawal.

"Healing continues in different ways for each member of our university community as we approach September 10, the one-year anniversary of the tragic events surrounding Charlie Kirk's death," an Aug. 7 UVU email to students and employees said, The Cougar Chronicle reported. "To provide time and space for reflection, service, and connection, UVU will close operations [September 10]."

Prestigious U.S. law school discriminated based on race in admissions


Duke University
Duke University

Duke University School of Law, seventh-best nationally in a U.S. News & World Report ranking and consistent member of the national T14 list, discriminated based on race in admissions for the 2023, 2024 and 2025 classes, says the Civil Rights Division of the U.S. Department of Justice.

Federal officials said the university's conduct violated Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the U.S. Supreme Court's 2023 decision in Students for Fair Admissions v. Harvard. The former prohibits discrimination on basis of race, color or national origin; the latter banned race discrimination in higher education.

No penalties were announced. The Justice Department plans to negotiate with Duke to bring the institution into compliance; short of that, a litigation could ensue.

Kerry Abrams is the dean of Duke Law. Incoming classes are generally about 200 or more, and total enrollment runs about 800.

The election questions Democrats refuse to answer

The election questions Democrats refuse to answer

President Donald J. Trump participates in a press conference at the G7, Wednesday, June 17, 2026, at La Grange au Lac in Evian-les-Bains, France. (Official White House photo by Daniel Torok)
(Official White House photo by Daniel Torok)

On July 16, President Trump gave a long and detailed speech describing various ways noncitizens are impacting American elections and violating our sacred right to determine the political future of our own country.

Democrats roundly dismissed the president's speech, called him a liar, and mocked his obsession with voter fraud.

But just days after the Trump speech, The Thing That Never Happens happened again, as New Jersey Gov. Mikie Sherrill was forced to admit that more than 6,600 noncitizens had been added to the state's voter rolls, and 400 of them actually voted in elections going back to 2023.

The real number of noncitizens in New Jersey who are registered to vote could actually be much higher, as DHS Secretary Markwayne Mullin announced their records matched with as many as 19,500 noncitizens on publicly available voter

New York City transit officials threw recyclables in trash

New York City transit officials threw recyclables in trash

(Photo by Joe Kovacs)
(Photo by Joe Kovacs)

Topline: New York City's bus depots and maintenance facilities are legally required to recycle their paper and cardboard, but it rarely happens.

The Metropolitan Transit Authority's inspector general visited 40 NYC Transit facilities and found that 21 of them mixed trash and recyclables together in the same dumpster. The other 19 facilities' employees properly separated the material, but the company they hired to pick up the waste mixed it all together in the same truck.

The inspector general estimates the city lost $800,000 over five years by unnecessarily paying to send the recyclables to landfills and by failing to claim credits from selling the materials.

Key facts: Seven maintenance facilities did not have any recycling bins. Sixteen others had bins that were not clearly labeled to distinguish them from trash cans, the audit found.

Image