On Monday, the home of a Republican County Commissioner candidate in Charlotte, NC was shot at multiple times.
Aaron Marin, who is the only Republican running for the position in town, says his...
e was targeted by the apparent drive-by shooters.
His wife and children were home when the shooting happened.
Thankfully, no one was hurt.
However, his kids had been playing outside in the yard shortly before the incident.
Here are the details:
🚨HOLY CRAP!!!!
— Matt Van Swol (@mattvanswol) February 18, 2026
A Republican County Commissioner in Charlotte NC just had 7-10 SHOTS FIRED AT HIS HOME WHILE HIS WIFE AND KIDS WERE INSIDE!!!
Bullet holes can be seen in trees, cars, mailbox, and his kid's basketball hoop.
He says he was DELIBERATELY TARGETED and his kids are… pic.twitter.com/6ExQ9Kdy9N
HOLY CRAP!!!!
A Republican County Commissioner in Charlotte NC just had 7-10 SHOTS FIRED AT HIS HOME WHILE HIS WIFE AND KIDS WERE INSIDE!!!
Bullet holes can be seen in trees, cars, mailbox, and his kid’s basketball hoop.
He says he was DELIBERATELY TARGETED and his kids are terrified and don’t feel safe to play outside anymore…
REPUBLICANS ARE UNDER ATTACK!!!!!!
Marin is the ONLY Republican running to represent County Commission District 1.
Despite this, Aaron Marin says he will not be intimidated and will continue to run for office.
Aaron Marin thanks God for protecting his family during the terrifying shooting.
He also says that, while he and his family are shaken, he will not be intimidated.
From the Charlotte Observer:
Multiple gunshots hit the Huntersville home of Mecklenburg County commissioner candidate Aaron Marin Monday night, Police Chief Brian Vaughan said Tuesday.
“It did occur,” Vaughan told The Charlotte Observer after Marin issued a news release about the incident. “We did collect evidence.”
Marin said he was inside with his wife and their two young sons when shots hit the home around 7:40 p.m. “By the grace of God, we are alive,” Marin said. “But our family is shaken, and this is not something any family in Mecklenburg County should ever experience.”
He said his home “was deliberately targeted” but said he wouldn’t speculate on a motive. He said he “will not be intimidated.”
At this time, police have not released any information on suspects or whether or not it was a politically-motivated attack.
But, either way, please pray for the safety of Aaron Marin and his family.
